Pebble! That was the name of the first smartwatch, a Kickstarter project backed by numerous people. Like with most “firsts,” Pebble was a revolutionary gadget which has since evolved to the hundreds of smartwatches that are now available in the market. An increase in technological advances has resulted in smartwatches being made to function as either standalone devices or as accessories for phones. Today smartwatches are used as fitness trackers, for specialized applications and as mentioned as an accessory to alert users of their phone notifications. And since it only makes sense for a gadget that is used for literally all activities to be waterproof, a lot of the smartwatches available in the market can be used regardless of the weather. So, dive in as we discuss some of the best waterproof smartwatches you can cop for yourself or your loved ones.
Garmin Fenix 5X
Waterproof up to 100 meters, the Garmin Fenix 5X packs a serious punch in literally every aspect of it. From performance, battery, power and even hardware this rugged smartwatch can aptly keep track of almost all outdoor activities including paddle boarding and hiking and not just the, swimming or cycling. It brags some impressive features like multi-sport tracking, onboard maps, GPS, heart rate monitor, and a sapphire screen. The watch has a great battery life that lasts for anything between 20 hours and 12 days, depending on the mode that a user selects.
- Users can preload their running profiles, and the watch’s advanced running dynamics can help better their general performance and form.
- It can be used underwater for up to 100 m in comparison to some of its competitors that only manage 50 m.
- It is lightweight and has a sleek, elegant design.
- It has a large memory capacity of 16GB, which is pretty high when compared to other smartwatches.
- It is expensive.
- It is heavily geared towards fitness tracking
Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
When one begins to understand the things that this watch can do, you quickly discover that the Fitbit Versa is a smartwatch that delivers value for money. This smartwatch is capable of tracking a user’s sleep patterns and activities, provide several exercise presets, remain waterproof up to 50 meters, store music, and even download various apps that are useful for users. With a 38.6 mm display, the Fitbit Versa is slim and lightweight unlike some of its competitors. The watch lacks a built-in GPS feature, and as such a lot of the watches, fitness monitoring features cannot operate, without it being linked to a smartphone. This can be rather inconveniencing since most individuals who are big on fitness often prefer to have a single gadget with them.
- Female users will appreciate that the watch has a health tracking mode designed particularly for them to log symptoms, period dates, etc.
- The watch has over 15 exercise modes for users to choose from.
- Users can use the watch for water depths up to 50 meters.
- Does not have an internal GPS feature.
Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen
The Moto 360 2 is a smartwatch designed to streamline a user’s mobile life by providing information that matters to a user while simultaneously helping them stay detached from their phone. Users have the choice of choosing between a 46mm or 42mm watch case to complement features such as the 400mAh battery, Built-in optical heart-rate monitor, wireless charging with dock, and IP67 water and dust resistance. The watch also has a fitness tracker that tracks a user’s calories, steps, and heart rate. The battery life is reasonable and can last anything between 1.5 days to 2 days.
- It is available in different designs for both sexualities.
- Users can have access to apps available on google play store.
- Users can acquire the watch in the different face and dial designs depending on what suites their aesthetics.
- It is extremely accurate in the different fitness elements that it tracks.
- Its underwater resistance is limited to a little under 1 meter and as such users cannot use it when engaging in activities such as swimming or diving that requires them to be submerged.
- Several users have complained that the customer support is wanting.
TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music
Majority of the smartwatch companies have included music as part of the features they offer to users. For most individuals, particularly those who enjoy putting in a good workout, music is the ideal companion. The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio is one such smartwatch that has added music storage capabilities to its list of features. The watch boasts 50 preset exercises, fitness and activity tracking, built-in GPS, and inbuilt heart monitor. Additionally, the watch also has a waterproof headphone that can be used for depths of up to 50 meters. With this watch, users can build customized workouts, enhance their fitness age, explore different areas and locations without getting lost.
- Has headphones which can be used for activities such as swimming.
- It is waterproof up to 40 meters.
- Users who ow the TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music do not need to have their smartphones while working out.
- It has an impressive battery life that can last up to 3 weeks when the watch is not in GPS mode.
- Placed next to its competitors; the watch is quite bulky.
With any one of the listed waterproof smartwatches, you can swim, cycle, run and work with some excellent monitoring applications to keep an eye on how well your health is doing all while being able to keep in touch with the rest of the world. These watches will give you real-time insights into your fitness and activity levels, so you know when and where to improve.
Except for the Moto 360 2, almost all the smartwatches listed above can expertly fend off water. We hope that you found your next waterproof smartwatch in the list above and if not, you at least have a much clearer idea of what you need to consider when contemplating a waterproof smartwatch.