Students place almost no importance on the printer that they require to go about their college life. However, it shouldn’t be so because a printer is an essential part of a student’s college life as it helps them print out important documents, study material, and assignments. A good printer should ideally help students manage the previously mentioned tasks effortlessly. Getting the best printer for college students is not always a straightforward task as students have varying needs, and there is no standard printer that fits them all. We, therefore, took it upon ourselves to identify the best printers for college students that will help them study without being interrupted by the need to run around looking for a café to print, copy, and do any other printer related duties.
Canon PIXMA MG3022 Wireless Inkjet
As a college student, coming across a printer that can meet all your needs as a student can be considered to be the ultimate win. The Pixma MG3022 is one such printer as it is an all in one wireless inkjet printer that provides college students with the ability to scan, print, and copy all the necessary document or files they may need. The printer is perfect for college students because it uses minimal ink and has an auto shut off feature that helps conserve energy when the printer is not being used. Given that a majority of college students are tech-savvy, they can easily connect the printer to their smart devices for fast printing, or they could alternatively send whatever documents they need to via the cloud.
- It is relatively easy and quick to configure and set up the MG3022 printer.
- Students do not need to worry much about the cost of ink as the printer is economical and will cause a dent in their student budget.
- The printer is extremely affordable.
- The printers construction is not the best. It is rather flimsy and can break apart easily.
Brother, HL-L2350DW Printer
The Brother HL L2350DW is a laser printer that features the latest printing technologies which make the printer reliable, fast, and effective when it comes to meeting a college student’s needs. College students can sometimes become inundated with documents that they need to print and the printer’s 32 pages per minute printing speed comes in handy at such a time. It can also print on both sides of a page automatically and accommodate the different paper types and sizes for college students who could be pursuing arts and crafts related programs. Finally, it also has wireless printing technology and a USB interface that have become an essential feature for most printers today.
- College Students can use the Amazon dash replenishment feature that keeps track of the printer’s ink levels and automatically request for a replacement toner as soon as the ink runs low.
- This printer’s simplicity and ease of use makes it appropriate for students and as they can configure the printer themselves.
- This Brother printer does not have an Ethernet port and also does not support external drives.
HP Envy 4520
The HP Envy 4520 wireless photo printer incorporates voice technology and air print abilities to its functionality to provide college students with a fast, easy to use, and convenient way to meet their printing needs. The printer produces high-quality output that is a necessity for most college students, and also boasts of compatibility with smart devices that can be used for remote wireless printing. This printer is perfect for college students because not only is it affordable to acquire, but it has features such as the duplex printing that aids students to save on their paper budget. Additionally, it has a display panel intended to help with maneuvering the printer settings and also show the printer’s status.
- It comes with HP ink cartridges and photos included as part of the printer’s package
- College students get 24/7 customer care support and a one-year hardware warranty upon purchase of the printer.
- The HP instant ink bundle needs customers to sign up to the program, and if a user is not registered, the printer will frequently generate irritating popups as a reminder for them to do it.
HP LaserJet Pro M15w Wireless Laser Printer
The HP LaserJet Pro M15W is one of the simplest printers in the market, which is why it is ideal for college students as they are unlikely to experience issues when using it. It is affordable and compact, taking up very little space; a fete that college students will appreciate given that space is minimal in college dorm rooms. The printer is simple to set up and features a control panel for operating the settings in addition to its 19 pages per minute printing speeds. It also has a 150-sheet capacity tray. All these features come together to ensure it provides college students with an outstanding performance that is unmatched by some of the more costly printers. Students also enjoy the ability to print from their smart devices since it has wireless connectivity options.
- It has power-saving capabilities thanks to its auto on and off feature that enables it to switch on or off after a couple of minutes of inactivity automatically.
- Users receive a one-year manufacturer’s warranty guarantee when they buy the HP LaserJet pro M15W printer.
- It is incapable of multi-functional abilities, which means that college students cannot undertake activities such as scanning and copying.
- It does not have a control panel, and therefore, users cannot know the printing status of the machine.
College students require a machine that can be able to support all their needs and still add convenience to their lives. The critical things to look out for would be selecting a printer with a high yield cartridge and fast printing speeds that way you can get the job done in a matter of minutes and not have to spend a fortune on ink. Any of the printers mentioned above will be ideal if you are a college student on the hunt for the best printer in the market.