Video conferencing is a meeting technique that borrows from the traditional concept of conferences with the key difference being the use of technology that is computer networks to transmit video and audio data between participants at different sites. Every video conference is unique to itself depending on the experience that participants get out of it.
Nevertheless, there are always chances of improving the workflow, experience, and quality of the video conferences to make sure that your current setup fits the team that is part of the video conference. One of the ways through which the experience can be improved is by investing in the proper equipment such as a camera to facilitate the conference and ensure it is a success.
We discuss the different types of cameras that we feel are the best cameras both in terms of the feature set they possess and the value they add to your video conferencing experience.
Lifesize Icon 800
Even though the Lifesize Icon 800 is a video conferencing kit, it has a Lifesize 10x Camera that is included as part of the kit. This camera and kit, in general, are intended for video conferencing experiences that involve a large space/ room, and it ensures that conference participants have a memorable and collaborative experience though out the conference.
- The kit is adaptable, and users who prefer to include third-party solutions to ensure that you are providing an optimal video conferencing experience can do so as the kit can be integrated with such said solutions.
- There are multiple video and audio inputs which means that multiple devices can be connected to it.
- The camera’s full HD video quality is exceptional, and the camera’s 10x zooming capabilities, as well as its ability to pan and tilt, are quite impressive.
- It allows for presentation sharing and engagement as it has dual display capabilities.
- It is expensive
The Logitech 960-001201 is a bit of a hard sell simply because of its price; however, that doesn’t discount the fact that it is not only the best but also the most advanced webcam we have experienced. With 4K video quality capabilities, this camera’s capabilities will pleasantly surprise you as it can also stream videos in 720 and 1080p quality. Bragging a 120-degree field of view, extended audio system and Bluetooth capabilities, users can perfectly capture wide fields of view, experience great video quality and connect the camera with other Bluetooth enabled devices. The Logitech 960-001201 is an ideal camera for small room/ huddle up video conferencing types of situations.
- It is intuitively designed to meet a user’s needs.
- It is well constructed to ensure that it is long-lasting and durable.
- It can be also used as a speaker when connected to other Bluetooth enabled devices.
- It is easy to use and set up thanks to its plug and play design.
- It is pretty expensive given that it is a webcam and not an entire kit like the Lifesize Icon 800.
Logitech BCC950 Video Conference Cam
Equipped with a full HD 1080p video conferencing camera that has an inbuilt speakerphone, the BCC950 by Logitech is the video conferencing camera that in our opinion delivers the best value. This camera which is perfect for minimal group video conferencing offers a 180-degree tilting ability which ensures that everyone within the conference is seen/captured. The inbuilt speaker phone ensures that participants audio is captured appropriately even in instances where the participants are not within computer network proximity of the camera. Optimized for skype as well as other web-based platforms, the Logitech BCC950 has a base and remote-control options that can be used to adjust various settings on the camera to ensure that it functions with the UC platforms.
- Its feature to price ratio is great and as such users get bang for their buck.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It has a noise cancellation feature that ensures audio clarity throughout the video conference.
- The camera’s pan and tilt movement is not as smooth and could use some improvement.
Logitech Pro 9000 Camera
Occasionally budgets tend to be extremely tight, and this translates to having a device that does not compromise on quality and at the same time does not break the bank. The Logitech Pro 9000 is one such camera. This camera is particularly ideal for individuals who typically have their video conferences over skype as well as on other internet services. Backed by RightLight 2 technology, the Pro 900 is backed by the fact that it offers users the perfect image by automatically adjusting the brightness of the image depending on the environment. Its autofocus is also one of the smoothest we experienced while trying and testing various cameras thus making it the perfect webcam. What really caught our eye about the Pro 9000 is that the camera captured full HD video with a 1600 x 1200 via its 2-megapixel senor and it also had face-tracking technology that ensured its focus stayed on the subject throughout the entire conference.
- It has noise cancellation capabilities which ensure the video audio is crisp and clean.
- It is extremely affordable.
- Its small size makes it portable and ideal for individuals who are constantly on the move but still need to be able to run their affairs while on the move.
- It can be used even in settings that have low light.
- The 2-megapixel sensor is not sufficient for long term use.
The cameras we have narrowed down on and discussed above are some of the few cameras that are guaranteed to elevate your video conferencing experience/ quality. They help you to consistently present the absolute best version of yourself plus a little more. When choosing a video conferencing camera, it is advisable that you select one that helps you to best achieve your purpose but at the same time has excellent video quality, field of view, zoom length, mic quality, and finally covers the size of your room appropriately. All the cameras discussed above are suitable for different video conferences, and the final decision solely rests on you and your needs.